What does MISA stand for?
- MISA is an abbreviation for Miyagi Information Service Industry Association.
- Who are the members of MISA?
- The members of MISA consist of regular and associate members of approximately 220 businesses in Miyagi Prefecture, as well as special members from 11 organizations and groups such as Miyagi Prefecture and Sendai City, which have approved of the purpose of the establishment.
- What are the benefits of becoming a member of MISA?
- Members can receive affordable, high quality training.
They can expand their business and personal connections.
They can promote their company, products, attract highly skilled workers, and garner new business.
They can enjoy various recreational activities such as sports and events.
Intent of establishment and administration
Today, computerization has entered all aspects of life including the industrial fields and our personal lives. Its importance has greatly increased for the development of regional areas and industries. Particularly in industrial fields, the business environment (including hollowing out and intensifying competition) has become increasingly severe by many factors including economic globalization. Expectations for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is raising and is now a decisive factor in creating new industries and revitalizing existing ones.
On the administrative side, the use of ICT is also being promoted more positively in both the regional and national governments.
In Miyagi Prefecture, a new general plan has been created to positively promote regional computerization using ICT as a common foundation to be implemented in every policy. It will include local industrial development and the creation of new industry establishments. The local governments will tackle the utilization proactively and support environment improvement and fostering human resources for high level computerization.
Miyagi Information Service Industry Association (MISA) was formed in December of 1996 as a voluntary group. In April of 2001, the Governor of Miyagi Prefecture designated the group as a public interest incorporated association. MISA has overcome the limitations of individual companies and has worked to promote the use of information-related technologies to improve the standards in the prefecture. MISA has accumulated these achievements for the purpose of promoting the information service industry and to contribute to the development of society and the economy.
Furthermore, in a time when ICT is rapidly being used as an infrastructure in many fields such as industrial, education, culture, administration and the like, it is necessary to carry out a wider range of activities beyond the frame of the group of providers of conventional technology and service to contribute to the regional industrial development which is the ultimate purpose of this association.
Miyagi Information Service Industry Association, based on the above-mentioned recognition, shifted to a general incorporated association in July 2011, and will continue to develop projects positively to contribute to the social and economic development of this prefecture by performing all-participating-type project activities with a wide range of members involved with computerization.
Purpose of establishment
MISA is intended to promote high-level computerization in local communities and contribute to the economic and social development in Miyagi prefecture, which will be achieved by promoting the use of information-related technologies, improving the standards, fostering human resources and education and promotion in this prefecture.
- Research project concerning promotion of regional computerization
- Project related to establishment and consolidation of management base on information service industry
- Project related to securing and fostering of human resources concerning promotion of computerization
- Project of educating businesses about computerization
- Project of exchange and interchange information among information service companies and with companies in different industries
- Cooperation and coordination with associated government offices, groups or other organizations concerned and recommendations to them
- Other projects that are necessary to achieve the association’s purpose
［Examples of project activities］
＜To strengthen the local ICT industry foundation ＞
- Workshop for managers and business executives and creation of business and personal networks
…Holding seminars and salons for them
- Survey on management issues
…Survey and PR for grants and subsidies, fact-finding survey on industry management, etc.
- Development of support measures for securing and fostering human resources
…Joint company briefings, industry-academia-government collaboration meetings, various workshops, etc.
- Introduction and consideration of member welfare program
…Discount system for resort facilities and clinics. Various sports events, etc.
- Utilization and promotion of information related technology
…Holding related seminars
＜To promote local computerization＞
- Education and promotion of computerization by holding forums and fairs
…Holding ICT conferences, ICT lectures, etc.
- Holding seminars for small and medium-sized companies on new ICT technology
…Cloud, information security, etc.
- Holding workshops to foster professional engineers on the latest technology, etc.
…Artificial intelligence, robot, embedded technologies, 5G, etc.
- Promotion of regional computerization, research for regional ICT industry foundation strengthening
…Promotion of ICT utilization, consideration of ICT business creation, business matching, etc.
- Information exchange with regional industry, academia and government, policy proposal
- Interaction and information exchange with different industries, related groups, etc.
- Publicity activities related to ICT
…Publication of information magazine and company guide, newspaper PR, website operation, SNS dispatch, etc.
- Various volunteer activities
…Cooperation with regional NPOs, disaster support, etc.